Real Time Location Services (RTLS)
Real Time Location Services (RTLS) make use of Active RFID and Wi-Fi technologies to manage and track assets, people, and workflows– resolve safety, security, and regulatory challenges– or even monitor environmental and physical conditions.
Active RFID technology is an enterprise-grade solution where an internal power source allows for continuous RF transmission between an RFID device and a reader. It allows for a longer range of communication than passive RFID, as well as greater data storage capacity.
Wi-Fi based RTLS solutions are often desirable because they employ the existing wireless network infrastructure and can prove to be a simple and low-cost solution.
For a wide array of industries– from healthcare to hospitality, mining to manufacturing, education to enterprise– RTLS decreases inefficiencies, cuts costs, reduces liability, and streamlines operations.
A secure, reliable, and efficient RTLS implementation can:
- Provide safety and improve emergency response time for medical, catastrophic or high alert situations.
- Allow for communication with mass notifications or location-specific messaging.
- Monitor conditions, such as temperature and humidity in laboratories or other climate-regulated environments.
- Track and document the compliance of tasks such as hand washing or maintenance routines.
- Identify the location of high-value or mission-critical equipment at any given moment.
- Integrate with mapping software as a cheaper and more reliable way to assure the safety of lone workers.
- Reduce the incidence of shrinkage due to theft, loss, or spoilage.
The wireless experts at Free Space offer system design, project management, implementation, deployment, training and support for Real Time Location Services.
Contact Free Space today to discuss how we can help you to implement RTLS or Real Time Location Services.